Monday, May 28, 2007

Kawagoe is the Cuts... Final Chapter

Part 4 of my 4(?) part series on why Kawagoe is kinda a whack place to live.
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Took a little ride on the bicycle around sunset. I thought I'd see if I could find some new signs in the area. Of course that wasn't too hard to do.







Nothing too special with these ones, though I do like the last one, all old and shit.



Then it hit me, this is probablly the last time I'll go for a random bike ride around my town. In a few weeks I will move into a hotel, train the new teacher, and be off on my adventures.

I've lived in this city for a year. I'm fairly indifferent about it all. The negatives are pretty major. I live a trek from my school and even kinda far from the train station. There's no foreigner scene here. The scenerey is just an urban expanse and traffic. But there are positives too. Some good restaurants with good coffee and free refills. My apartment is larger than a shoebox. I have my own room at my school... with a door I can close. Hmmm... those positives don't sound too great. Fuck it, I'm out!

Oh yeah, I found a god damn park. Like a real park with benches and a basketball court and barbecues and shit. And it's only about a 7 minute bike ride away. Fuuuuuuuck! I seriously went on about 20 hours worth of bike rides looking for this sort of thing in the past. It would have been nice to know it was there. There were people jogging with their dogs, couples walking together, dads playing soccer with their sons. Positive type energy. Whatever, here's some photos of Kawagoe style nature.







The sad thing is, I knew this place existed. On the map, it's called Kawagoe Water Park. Japan has water parks which are kind of like community pools. Maybe a couple lame water slides, and some other stuff for the kids. But I don't wanna hang around in no nasty pee pee water, so I never bothered to have a look.

Check out this mug that Branda made for me for my birthday. She drew a bloody pair of scissors! Sugoi!

No comments: